As we 2021 draws to a close at RareMed, I would like to briefly reflect on an incredible year. Our leadership can’t help but be proud of what we accomplished over the past 12 months. The personal and professional growth that the team and organization has accomplished in the face of so much adversity, created by the ongoing worldwide pandemic, is something that few organizations have been able to attain. We have been blessed to extend our reach within the rare disease community and build relationships with new partners. The team’s ability to deliver on RareMed’s concierge approach to supporting our patients is something that we can look back on with pride, knowing the impact we all had. A few 2021 highlights include:
- Complete insourcing of all business operations functions
- Successful recruitment and onboarding of scores of associates, many from internal referrals, resulting in a 40% staff increase year-over-year
- Launch of direct-to-consumer services
- Substantial growth in non-commercial pharmacy services
- Resoundingly positive QBR accolades from business partners on performance
- Momentous progress in the development of RarePath®, RareMed’s new wholly-owned pharmacy hub network software system
- Launch of the Recognizing and Rewarding Excellence (RARE) employee recognition platform
- Launch of RareMart, our internal swag store
…the list could go on and on.
At the same time, I am even more excited for what 2022 will hold. Over the next year, we expect to see continued growth across all programs while also launching new programs for new clients. 2022 will also go down as a a year of transition, as we transition to a grander facility with opportunity for significant expansion. We have been very thoughtful around the partnerships that we have lined up and are excited about the opportunities these new programs will create for everyone across the organization. While it will no doubt be extremely busy, it will also be extremely rewarding to see the experience of this team driving RareMed towards achieving our organizational goals while also supporting everyone’s professional goals.
While the world around us seems to be stepping back to where we were last year at this time, I am excited to say that at RareMed, we are only moving forward, and doing so by leaps and bounds. The RarePath® technology foundation that we have invested in over the last year is resonating and is attracting interest across the market. This technological foundation, our stalwart concierge approach, and our successful delivery on the commitments to current partners will propel RareMed further to the front of the pack when it comes to our ability to support patients with rare and devastating conditions.
No matter what your memory of 2021 will be, I think everyone who has spent time here with RareMed supporting the RareMed Mission should accomplished based on the past year, setting the stage for further success in 2022!
-Dr. Gordon J. Vanscoy
Chairman & CEO